Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Skinny scarf turned into a Halloween pumpkin for the season

I have an entire tote of skinny scarves. I was addicted to knitting them as I loved the instant gratification they offered and I loved wearing them. I miss them and thought I should figure out what else I could use them for when I wasn't wearing them. Well, this fuzzy multi-tone orange skinny scarf made a great pumpkin.
recycled skinny scarf pumpkin, yarn pumpkin, stefanie girard
The best part of this project is it is made in about 1 minute and can be undone in about 30 seconds. If you want to wear it there is no damage to the scarf.
Simply roll up the scarf and pop a few pins in to keep the end rolled up. I stuck a small piece of a branch in the top to form a stem.
recycled skinny scarf pumpkin, yarn pumpkin, stefanie girard
I can't wait to see what else I can come up with with the 4,000 (not really) skinny scarves in the stash.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin