Tuesday, March 31, 2015

How to make illuminated Easter eggs

I'm kind of in love with those little battery operated tea lights. I used them to make illuminated large crystal Easter eggs featured over at Craftside. I made this set with smaller plaster Easter eggs that have a glitter surface.
light up easter eggs
I decorated the base of the tea light with a strip of washi tape.
light up easter eggs, washi tape embellished battery lights, tea lights
 I tried several different ways to drill the hole in the bottom of the plastic egg. I cracked a few. The best way I found was to use a cone shaped sanding bit on my Dremel.
how to drill hole in plastic egg with Dremel stefanie girard
I used a bit of hot glue to attache the eggs to the tea lights so they would stand straight up.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin